How to Get a GED Certificate Replacement - Realistic Diplomas


Where to Purchase a Replacement GED Certificate

So you've lost your GED certificate? Oops.

You may need it for a wide variety of things. Maybe you're taking the next step and applying for college or a continuing education program? Or maybe you've got a new job you're trying to score?

Either way, you're obviously planning something exciting.

But you'll need to get a GED certificate replacement in order to take that next step.

Depending on where you took the test, it can be relatively straightforward.

In this article, we'll go over a few ways to help you figure out what you need to do.

If You Know the Organization That Administered the Test

GED tests are administered by several different organizations. Many of them are adult education services. This is especially the case if you took a series of courses along with your GED.

If you know the name of the organization that provided you with your GED, contact them. They will likely be able to tell you where to go to get your GED.

In some cases, they will point you toward your state department's education office. In other cases, they may have a copy of your GED for you that you can order from them.

You may have to pay a nominal fee to obtain the certificate.

Third-Party Services

Some organizations use third-party services for you to obtain your GED or other transcripts. These services exist in order to free up school and state registrars to do other things besides constantly giving students their transcripts.

If the organization you studied with uses a third party service, they will point you toward the one that they rely on.

You'll typically have to fill out a form online and pay a nominal fee. The diploma will be mailed to either you or your potential college or employer.

Ordering Through the State

Some states will handle specific requests for your GED. In these states, the Department of Education will keep the GED on file. You can contact the Department of Education with your name, date of the test, social security number and a nominal fee. You will either fill out the form online, turn it in in person or sending it electronically.

Once the form is received, they will mail out your GED within a certain time frame. Typically, they will be upfront about the timeframe and let you know when to expect it.

Electronic Credentials

Some states have electronic credentials that you can download and send to your employer or college. In these states, you will be sent your electronic credential when you pass your GED. You should save this file on your computer, as it can be sent to any institution that accepts electronic credentials.

If you no longer have the file, you will most likely be able to get it in certain states if you took the test after a certain date from the site

You will need a login name and password as well as a credit or debit card.

The website also allows you to order hard copies of your GED transcripts.

What is the Difference Between an Official GED Certificate Replacement and a Non-Official Certificate?

Some colleges or employers may state that they want an official transcript or diploma. This means that the transcript or diploma is not only stamped with the school or GED provider's seal but that it has never been opened.

If the diploma or transcript has been opened, theoretically, you or someone else could have tampered with it.

In order to ensure that no one tampers with it, an official transcript or diploma may be required.

These are the transcripts and diplomas you will order directly from the Department of Education or third-party websites.

They will also need to be stamped on the seal of the envelope to prove that no one has opened them. In some cases, someone who works at one of these companies will sign over the seal to make it official.

How Long in Advance Should I Order My Diploma?

You should order your diploma and any other records you might need for an application or verification as soon as you know you'll need them. In some cases, it can take up to six weeks to receive your GED diploma.

Waiting until the last minute has the potential to hold up an application or registration for a job or course.

In most cases, they will need an official transcript or diploma in order to register you or process an application.

What Can I Do If the Diploma Is Taking Too Long?

If you've ordered your diploma and it still has not arrived within the expected time frame, call the Department of Education or the organization where you took your GED and inquire.

They should be able to tell you why there is a delay or provide you with a replacement diploma.

If this holds up an application or registration, let the organization you're applying to or registering with know. They may be able to work with you.

Replacing Your GED Diploma

You should have a few copies of your GED so that you won't have to scramble for a GED certificate replacement. This will help you ensure that you won't have to go through the lengthy process and wait several weeks if you need to prove that you've passed your GED.

Having your GED diploma in an easy place to find is always recommended.

Have a look at some of our realistic looking GED diplomas by visiting us here.

  • Text: (917) 924-5972
  • Chat: See Tab on Right
  • Doc Printers, 9702 Gayton Rd, Suite 292, Richmond, VA 23238
Please Wait... processing